Arturo DelFavero RM 552
Back in the early 2000s I was fortunate to win a carving on eBay, and to my recollection it was one of my first ten classic carvings. Sometime later I noticed a match in Verne Walrafen's short lived recent sale section of the website. Recently I discovered a third match in the recent eBay sales listings in a 2015 BoTales issue. One thing that stood out about these renderings was the unusually deep field area that this artist adopted for his cameo like works. This feature was a big stand out so I decided the appropriate nickname would be "Deep Fields.""
1) Deep recessed fields that create the cameo effect.
2) Hats with a bow adornment and brims that extend rim to rim.
3) LIBERTY removed on all examples.
4) Head and facial hair created with use of liner tool.
5) Obscured ears.
6) A deeply notched area above the nose with modifications to the nostril.
7) Extremely high collars that meet the hairline towards the rear of the head.
8) Large bow ties.
9) Rounded shoulder areas.
10) Dates removed on two specimens.